14.3267, Jobs: General Linguistics: Asst Prof, U/Macau

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 27 04:24:29 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3267. Wed Nov 26 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3267, Jobs: General Linguistics: Asst Prof, U/Macau

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:13:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  kpharis at umac.mo
Subject:  General Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Macau, SAR, China

Date:  Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:13:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  kpharis at umac.mo

University or Organization: University of Macau
Department: Department of English
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Syntax,
		 Chinese-English Translation

The Faculty of Science and Humanities of the University of Macau
invites applications for an academic position for the 2nd semester of
academic year 2003/2004.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Linguistics completed or near
completion.  A background in syntax, and ability to teach syntax and
undergraduate English phonetics and phonology, an interest in the
English language in an Asian context and the ability to teach
Chinese-English translation would be highly desirable.  However,
candidates from all areas of specialization will be considered.

Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in teaching
non-native speakers at the undergraduate level.  MA teaching and
supervision are also likely for this post.  Full fluency and ability
to lecture clearly in English is a requirement.  Availability of this
position is dependent on funding.  Deadline for applications is
December 26, 2003, or until filled.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr. Keith Pharis
	University of Macau,
	Department of English
	Av. Padre Tomas Pereira S.J., Taipa
	Macau, SAR
	China

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Dr. Keith Pharis
	Email: kpharis at umac.mo
	Tel: 853-3974261
	Fax: 853-83812
	Website: http://www.umac.mo/vacancies/index.html

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!