14.2664, Jobs: Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, Queen's U, Canada

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 2 20:22:15 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2664. Thu Oct 2 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2664, Jobs: Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, Queen's U, Canada

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:20:52 +0000
From:  mt11 at qsilver.queensu.ca
Subject:  Linguistics: Asst or Assoc Prof, Queen's University

Date:  Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:20:52 +0000
From:  mt11 at qsilver.queensu.ca

University or Organization: Queen's University
Department: Language and Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant or Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Possible position in Linguistics (Canada)

The Language and Linguistics Program at Queen's University, Kingston
(Canada) invites applications from outstanding scholars for a faculty
appointment under the Queen's National Scholars Program. This is a
university level competition for new faculty positions. The main
criterion of interest to the selection committee is academic
excellence regardless of other considerations. Preference will be
given to scholars in the early- or mid-career stages. Another
objective is to provide an opportunity to improve the proportion of
women and members of designated minorities on faculty.

The official description of the competition is posted at
http://www.queensu.ca/principal/specialp.html.

The Language and Linguistics Program at Queen's administers three
undergraduate programs in Linguistics:
a) An interdisciplinary program in Language and Linguistics
b) A Medial concentration in Linguistics,
c) A Minor concentration in Linguistics

We are seeking to strengthen and expand our course offerings in
Linguistics.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a summary of teaching
experience, and three letters of reference.

The deadline for completed applications, including letters of
reference, for Language and Linguistics has been extended to November
1, 2003.

Applications are reviewed at three levels: first, the Language and
Linguistics selection committee, then the Queen's National Scholars
committees of the Faculty of Arts and Science and of the University.

For additional details, please contact :

Dr. Mireille Tremblay
Coordinator
Language and Linguistics
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario,
K7L 3N6.
mt11 at qsilver.queensu.ca
613-533-2095

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Mireille Tremblay
	French Studies
	Queen's University
	Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
	Canada

	Applications are due by 01-Nov-2003

Contact Information:
	Mireille Tremblay
	Email: mt11 at qsilver.queensu.ca
	Tel: 613-533-2095
	Fax: 613-533-6522

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!