14.2685, Jobs: Applied Hispanic Syntax: Asst Prof, Syracuse U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 6 03:51:06 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2685. Sun Oct 5 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2685, Jobs: Applied Hispanic Syntax: Asst Prof, Syracuse U

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:58:00 +0000
From:  kornfilt at syr.edu
Subject:  Applied Hispanic Syntax: Asst Prof, Syracuse University, NY, USA

Date:  Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:58:00 +0000
From:  kornfilt at syr.edu

University or Organization: Syracuse University
Department: Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax, Applied Linguistics, Dialect Research
Required Language(s): Spanish (Code = SPN)

Syracuse University: Two-year Assistant Professor position in Hispanic
Applied Linguistics, with a specialization in Spanish syntax.
Candidates must be capable of teaching theoretical and applied courses
in Spanish Linguistics; native or near-native fluency in Spanish is
required. Teaching responsibilities are two courses per semester at
both the undergraduate and MA levels. The person hired must have
Ph.D. in hand by August 2004. Salary will be competitive. Interviews
at the LSA annual meeting in Boston and at the MLA convention in San
Diego.

Please send cover letter, dossier (CV, 3 letters of recommendation,
evidence of teaching excellence and representative articles and
papers) to:

Jaklin Kornfilt, Chair
Languages, Literatures and Linguistics,
Syracuse, NY 13244-1160.

Submission deadline: December 2, 2003. Women, minorities urged to
apply: AA/EOE employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Jaklin Kornfilt
	Syracuse University
	Department of LLL; 340 HBC
	Syracuse, NY 13244-1160
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 02-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Professor Jaklin Kornfilt
	Email: kornfilt at syr.edu
	Tel: 315-443-5375
	Fax: 315-443-5376
	Website: http://lang.syr.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!