14.2736, Jobs: Spanish/Localization: Asst Prof, Wake Forest U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 10 19:06:33 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2736. Fri Oct 10 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2736, Jobs: Spanish/Localization: Asst Prof, Wake Forest U

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:06:45 +0000
From:  galacs at wfu.edu
Subject:  Spanish & Localization: Asst Prof, Wake Forest University, NC, USA

Date:  Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:06:45 +0000
From:  galacs at wfu.edu

University or Organization: Wake Forest University
Department: Romance Languages
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Localization
Required Language(s): Spanish (Code = SPN)

Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Spanish, August 2004. Two-year
appointment renewable. Five courses per year, including language
courses. Field of specialization open; background in translation
studies and localization. Knowledge of computer-assisted translation
tools required. Applicants must have a firm commitment to
undergraduate teaching and submit evidence of same, including course
evaluations, and a sample proposal and syllabus of an advanced
undergraduate course in translation/localization. Proficiency in use
of technology is expected of faculty at Wake Forest.

For complete description of job requirements and credentials go to:
http://www.wfu.edu/Academic-departments/Romance-Languages
and click on ''Faculty Job Openings.'' Send letter of application,
dossier and teaching materials by November 7 to Candelas Gala,
Chair. AA/EOE.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr. Candelas Gala
	P. O. Box 7566
	323 Greene Hall, Wingate Rd.
	Winston-Salem, NC 27109
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 07-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Dr. Candelas Gala
	Email: galacs at wfu.edu
	Tel: 336-758-5485
	Fax: 336-758-4432
	Website: http://www.wfu.edu/Academic-departments/Romance-Languages

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!