14.2785, Qs: Portuguese Corpora; Piaget/Lang Acquisition

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 15 15:15:36 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2785. Wed Oct 15 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2785, Qs: Portuguese Corpora; Piaget/Lang Acquisition

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:11:28 +0200
From:  Joaquim Brandãode Carvalho <jbrandao at ext.jussieu.fr>
Subject:  Qs: Portuguese plurals

2)
Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:26:41 +0000
From:  Claire Goodwin <20014302 at student.lewisham.ac.uk>
Subject:  Language Acquisition Investigation

Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:11:28 +0200
From:  Joaquim Brandãode Carvalho <jbrandao at ext.jussieu.fr>

Dear linguist fellows,
I am trying to get a schedule of Portuguese masculine nouns and
adjectives with a stressed mid high /o/ and final -o. I have already
collected about 150 words from some dictionaries. Do you know of
corpora which could provide me with additional material?
My goal is to determine the actual extension of the two well-known
plural classes: words which undergo /o/:/O/ alternation (e.g. corvo :
cOrvos 'raven'), those that do not (lobo : lobos 'wolf'), and those
that show variation from dialect to dialect (e.g. almoço 'lunch'),
and even within the same speaker's speech. By the way, if you are
aware of any available work on this topic (from a lexical/statistical
point of view ; I am not looking for diachronic studies of Port.
ablaut!), could you please send me the relevant bibliography?
Thank you very much for any information.
Regards.
-
Joaquim Brandao de Carvalho
Universite de Paris 8
CNRS : UMR 7023, GDR 1954

Personal address :
320, rue des Pyrenees
75020  Paris  France
Tel./fax : 01 43 66 95 24
(If calling from outside France, please replace
the prefix '0' with the country number '33'.)
jbrandao at ext.jussieu.fr