14.2794, Jobs: Urdu/Pashto: Consultant, Inxight Software, CA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 16 03:43:46 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2794. Wed Oct 15 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2794, Jobs: Urdu/Pashto: Consultant, Inxight Software, CA

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:47:27 +0000
From:  sdavies at inxight.com
Subject:  Urdu/Pashto & Morphology: Consultant, Inxight Software, Inc., CA

Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:47:27 +0000
From:  sdavies at inxight.com

University or Organization: Inxight Software, Inc.
Rank of Job: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Morphology, Urdu, Pashto
Required Language(s): Urdu (Code = URD);Pashto, Southern (Code =
		      PBT);Pashto, Northern (Code = PBU);Pashto,
		      Central (Code = PST)

Inxight Software is seeking a Consultant that is a native speaker of
Urdu and/or Pashto to participate in the development and testing of
basic compenents in Urdu/Pashto language modules.  Activities include
creating linguistic databases, providing formalized analysis of
morphological structure of the language(s), assisting Linguistic staff
in building a morphological analyzer and performing testing and
evaluation.

This job requires a linguistics background and proficiency with
computers running Internet browsing software and Microsoft Windows or
Unix operating systems.  Excellent English language oral and written
communication skills are also required.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: HR Manager Stephanie Davies
	500 Macara Ave.
	Sunnyvale, CA 94085
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Stephanie Davies
	Email: resumes2inx at inxight.com
	Tel: 408-738-6200
	Website: http://www.inxight.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!