14.2845, Qs: Arabic Acoustic Databases; Child Lang Resource

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 20 13:23:35 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2845. Mon Oct 20 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2845, Qs: Arabic Acoustic Databases; Child Lang Resource

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:45:28 +0000
From:  Rajaa Aquil <aquilr at georgetown.edu>
Subject:  Arabic acoustics data bases

2)
Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:20:43 +0000
From:  Dr Tsolios <mtsolios at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Unknown (to me) Book

Date:  Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:45:28 +0000
From:  Rajaa Aquil <aquilr at georgetown.edu>

I am analyzing Arabic speaking learner's elicitations of English
utterances in terms of vowel epenthesis to break English consonant
clusters.

I am in need of programs and data bases of Arabic acoustics (vowels
and consonants) to use as a point of reference.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know of the
availability of such data bases and direct me towards the right path.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Rajaa Aquil

Subject-Language: Arabic, Standard; Code: ABV