14.2881, Jobs: Speech Recognition: Researcher, MA, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 22 15:17:09 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2881. Wed Oct 22 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2881, Jobs: Speech Recognition: Researcher, MA, USA

Editor for this issue: Tomoko Okuno <tomoko at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:37:31 +0000
From:  jobs at voicesignal.com
Subject:  Speech Recognition: Researcher, Voice Signal Technologies, MA

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:37:31 +0000
From:  jobs at voicesignal.com

University or Organization: Voice Signal Technologies
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics,
		 Speech Recognition, Synthesis

Senior Linguist

Voice Signal is a global provider of speech recognition technology to
mobile devices. Since 1995, Voice Signal has been a leader in
developing embedded speech recognition technology. Be part of a
team-oriented, high-growth atmosphere with opportunities to personally
contribute to the success of the company. See www.voicesignal.com for
more details.

Voice Signal is seeking a Senior Linguist to assist in developing the
core technology for our multi-lingual embedded speech recognition
applications. In this key role you will be responsible for the
preparation of pronunciations for use in speech recognition and
synthesis, for development of TTS in multiple languages, for
consulting on speech recognition and speech synthesis research
problems, and for lending your expertise to our data collection
projects. Qualified candidates should have a background in linguistics
with an emphasis on phonology.  Technical expertise in speech
synthesis and speech recognition would be invaluable.  Perl
programming expertise, and a good working knowledge of major European
and Asian languages are great pluses.

We offer a competitive salary, complete benefits package, stock
options, and comfortable work environment. For consideration, please
email (preferred), or fax your resume to: Email: jobs at voicesignal.com
Fax: (781) 970-5300 JOB CODE: SL

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Ms. Barbara Winer
	Voice Signal Technologies
	150 Presidential Way
	Woburn, MA 01801
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Human Resources
	Email: jobs at voicesignal.com
	Tel: 781-970-5200
	Fax: 781-970-5300
	Website: http://www.voicesignal.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!