14.2922, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst/Assoc Prof, UC-Berkeley

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 26 04:07:38 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2922. Sun Oct 26 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2922, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Asst/Assoc Prof, UC-Berkeley

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:56:15 +0000
From:  floro at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Subject:  Cognitive Science: Asst or Assoc Professor, UC-Berkeley

Date:  Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:56:15 +0000
From:  floro at uclink4.berkeley.edu

University or Organization: University of California, Berkeley
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant or Associate Professor
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science, Psycholinguistics

FACULTY POSITION IN COGNITION AND LANGUAGE
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY

Pending budgetary approval, the University of California, Berkeley,
announces a tenure-track or tenured faculty appointment at the level
of Assistant or Associate Professor in the area of Cognition and
Language, to be housed jointly in the Program in Cognitive Science and
the Department of Linguistics.  Rank and salary will be commensurate
with experience, within the range.  Ph.D. in an appropriate field must
be completed by July 1, 2004, the starting date of the appointment.
Duties will include undergraduate and graduate advising and teaching
(normally four courses per year), supervision of student research, and
development of a successful and original research program.  This is a
full-time (100%) position.

The ideal candidate's interests and strengths will both complement and
connect existing Berkeley faculty strengths in Cognition and Language.
We envision this new faculty appointment as linking our campus
linguistics community more strongly to our communities in other areas,
including particularly cognitive neuroscience, cognition and culture,
and/or computational modeling of cognition and language.  We are
looking for a strong interdisciplinary profile in research and
teaching.

Applicants should send curriculum vitae, copies of representative
publications, evidence of excellence in teaching, and statements of
their intended research programs and of their philosophy of teaching.
Applicants who received the Ph.D. before 2000 should include the names
and addresses of three potential referees; other applicants should
arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent.  Please refer
your referees to the University's statement on confidentiality, found
at http://apo.chance.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html .

Please send applications and supporting materials to the following
address:

Cognition and Language Search Committee
c/o Department of Linguistics
1203 Dwinelle Hall
Berkeley CA 94720-2650
USA

Applications must be received by December 15, 2003.  Questions can be
sent by e-mail to cog-lang at uclink.berkeley.edu.  The University of
California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Cognition & Language Search Committee
	1203 Dwinelle Hall
	Berkeley, CA 94720-2650
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 15-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Cognition & Language Search Committee
	Email: cog-lang at uclink4.berkeley.edu
	Website: http://linguistics.berkeley.edu

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!