14.2957, FYI: Funding Session at LSA; Yahgan Grammar Source

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 30 14:36:54 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2957. Thu Oct 30 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2957, FYI: Funding Session at LSA; Yahgan Grammar Source

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:47:23 +0000
From:  Peter Sells <sells at stanford.edu>
Subject:  Session at LSA Annual Meeting on Linguistics Research Funding

2)
Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:27:15 -0500
From:  "Jess Tauber" <phonosemantics at earthlink.net>
Subject:  Source on Grammar of Endangered Language Yahgan Discovered

Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:47:23 +0000
From:  Peter Sells <sells at stanford.edu>

A group of linguists and program officers at NSF have been discussing
ways to increase funding for research in linguistics, through
opportunities created by new funding channels within NSF.  As part of
the LSA annual meeting in Boston, we will be holding an information
and discussion session on this developing initiative, in the afternoon
of the very first day, Thursday January 8th, 2004 (2:30-4:30pm).  We
hope to have as many participants as possible.  See:
http://www.lsadc.org/2004annmeet/highlights.html

The initiative will have a website to provide access and input for the
general community of linguists, at http://www.teraling.org .  The
website is currently under construction, but has the abstract of the
LSA session, providing more details of this event.