14.2302, Qs: Markup Examples; Copula/Non-canonical Subjects

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 2 14:46:24 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2302. Tue Sep 2 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2302, Qs: Markup Examples; Copula/Non-canonical Subjects

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:24:47 +0100
From:  "peetm" <peet.morris at comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Subject:  Markup Examples

2)
Date:  Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:48:15 +0200
From:  J-C Khalifa <jck at ricky.univ-poitiers.fr>
Subject:  Qs: non-canonical subjetcts in corpora (2), BE

Date:  Mon, 1 Sep 2003 19:24:47 +0100
From:  "peetm" <peet.morris at comlab.ox.ac.uk>

Hi,

I'm really interested in seeing alternative mark-ups of the following
sentence:

"Time flies like an arrow whereas fruit flies like a banana"

I know that 'accurate' is entirely subjective - and down to the tagger
-  but - I'd like to see samples of mark-ups produced by this
sentence,  'accurate' or not (preferably with an explanation of the
mark-up used: methododology/tag set - or with links to the same).

Many thanks,

peetm

email: peet.morris at clg.ox.ac.uk

addr: Computational Linguistics Group