14.2314, Jobs: Phonetics or Computational Ling: U/Tuebingen

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 2 22:12:18 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2314. Tue Sep 2 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2314, Jobs: Phonetics or Computational Ling: U/Tuebingen

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:14:31 +0000
From:  Arnim.Stechow at uni-tuebingen.de
Subject:  Phonetics: Wissenschaftliche(r) Angestellte(r), U. Tuebingen, Germany

Date:  Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:14:31 +0000
From:  Arnim.Stechow at uni-tuebingen.de

University or Organization: Universitaet Tuebingen
Department: Seminar fuer Sprachwissenschaft
Rank of Job: Wissenschaftliche(r) Angestellte(r)
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Phonetics

The Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft,

University of Tubingen, is looking to hire a phonetician or
computational linguist with expertise in both areas for Nov. 2003 to
mid-February 2004. The main obligation is to teach an interesting
course in either speech recognition or text-to-speech synthesis (or a
similar topic relating to computational applications of
phonetics/phonology) for students with basic knowledge in both
phonetics/phonology and computational linguistics. The course we look
for is taught in English, two hours/week plus a two-hour/week
accompanying session (demonstrations, discussion of problem sets, or
similar.). The salary is BAT IIa in the German system (typically
around 3000 - 4000 Euro/month, depending on age and marital status of
the applicant). The deadline for application is September
19. Notification, in case a suitable candidate can be found by then,
is on Sept. 22. Applicants are invited to send a CV, a letter of
reference, a work sample if available, as well as an informal one-page
outline of the suggested course. E-mail applications are welcome.

Applications by qualified women are particularly welcome.  Handicapped
applicants are given preference in case of equal qualification.
Employment is through the University administration (Zentrale
Verwaltung).

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Prof. Arnim von Stechow
	Seminar fuer Sprachwissenschaft
	Wilhelmstr. 19
	Tuebingen, 72074
	Germany

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:

	Frau Christl Tierney
	Email: christine.tierney at uni-tuebingen.de
	Website: http://www2.sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!