14.2351, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst Prof, University of Utah

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 5 23:41:04 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2351. Fri Sep 5 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2351, Jobs: Applied Ling: Asst Prof, University of Utah

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:22:07 +0000
From:  k.rodda at hum.utah.edu
Subject:  Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Utah, UT, USA

Date:  Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:22:07 +0000
From:  k.rodda at hum.utah.edu

University or Organization: University of Utah
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, U.S. public school experience

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Utah invites
applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning
July 1, 2004.  Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics or Linguistics with an
Applied emphasis required by time of appointment.  Must have
U.S. public school experience, and must be prepared to teach courses
in our L2 programs at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Must be able to teach Introductory Linguistics for Educators, L2
Methodology, and Practicum.

The Department of Linguistics has strong undergraduate and graduate
programs in theoretical and applied linguistics and important
programmatic ties to the Department of Languages & Literature and the
School of Education.  Please see http://www.hum.utah.edu/linguistics
for further information about our Department.  Salary competitive;
full benefits.  The University of Utah provides excellent
opportunities and support for research.

Send vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter
expressing research and teaching interests, and qualifications to
Marianna Di Paolo, Chair, Department of Linguistics, 255 S. Central
Campus Dr. Rm. 2328, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0492.  Deadline for
full consideration November 24, 2003 but position will remain open
until filled.  Selected applicants will be interviewed at the LSA
Annual Meeting (8-11 January 2004, Boston) or possibly by phone. The
University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, encourages applications from women and minorities, and
provides reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of
applicants and employees.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Department Chair Marianna Di Paolo
	255 S. Central Campus Dr. #2328
	Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0492
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Administrative Assistant Karen Rodda
	Email: k.rodda at hum.utah.edu
	Tel: (801) 585-9785
	Fax: (801) 585-7351
	Website: http://www.hum.utah.edu/linguistics

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!