14.2359, Sum: Connotations and Associations

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 8 16:06:39 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2359. Mon Sep 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2359, Sum: Connotations and Associations

Editor for this issue: Steve Moran <steve at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:39:31 +0000
From:  Birgit Mikus <Birgit.Mikus at gmx.de>
Subject:  Connotations and associations

Date:  Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:39:31 +0000
From:  Birgit Mikus <Birgit.Mikus at gmx.de>

Greetings!

For my request on literature concerning associative structures in
English and German discussions (Linguist 14.2201), I recieved
following answers:

Dr Ghil`ad Zuckerman from Churchill College, University of Cambridge,
hinted his work: Zuckermann, Ghil`ad 2003. Language Contact and
Lexical Enrichment in Israeli Hebrew. London-New York: Palgrave
Macmillan., which was great help.

Jutta Muschard directed me to group-dynamic structures and
socio-psychological papers:

Bion, W.R. 1990: ''Erfahrungen in Gruppen'', Frankfurt.  Raoul
Schindler 1973: ''Das Verhältnis von Soziometrie und
Rangordnungsdynamik''. In: Heigl/Evers (Hg.), Gruppendynamik, S. 30
ff., which also were good advice.

Last but not least thanks to Svetlana Martinek and her article ''The
role of an associative experiment in revealing of conceptual
structures''. In: Cognitive Linguistics Today.  Seies: Lodz Studies in
Language (eds. Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk and Patrick James
Melia). - Frankfurt/Main: Peter Lang, 2002. - Pp.97-108., which
provided me with excellent data.

Thank you all for your help and generous advice!

Best wishes from Barcelona, especially to Ghil`ad (thanks for the
tiger)!

Birgit