14.2395, Jobs: Applied Ling: Tenure-Track Position, Quebec

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 11 00:43:38 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2395. Wed Sep 10 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2395, Jobs: Applied Ling: Tenure-Track Position, Quebec

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:55:13 +0000
From:  lcollins at alcor.concordia.ca
Subject:  Applied Ling/TESL: Tenure-Track Position, Concordia University, Quebec

Date:  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:55:13 +0000
From:  lcollins at alcor.concordia.ca

University or Organization: Concordia University
Department: TESL Centre, The Department of Education
Rank of Job: Tenure-Track Position
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, TESL

APPLIED LINGUISTICS

The Department of Education's TESL Centre at Concordia University
invites applications for a tenure-track position in the field of
Applied Linguistics, in the area of language testing/evaluation and
research methodologies.  Experience in teaching and research related
to one or more of the following areas would also be an asset: teacher
training; corpus linguistics; and curriculum development.

The Department is seeking a colleague who can teach successfully in
both undergraduate and graduate programs and contribute to the
academic administration of the programs. The successful candidate will
join a dynamic team of active researchers and have the opportunity to
make use of Concordia's Sage Lab, a state of the art language learning
research facility. Applicants must also have a completed PhD, an
excellent command of English, and a record of publications, conference
presentations, and research grants. A functional knowledge of French
would be an asset and is required of candidates who indicate teacher
training as an area of expertise.

Subject to budgetary approval, we anticipate filling this position,
normally at the rank of Assistant Professor, for July 1, 2004.
Applications should consist of a letter of intent, a curriculum vitae,
a list of publications, a statement of teaching and research
interests, and three letters of reference. Review of applications will
begin on November 1, 2003 and continue until the position is
filled. Concordia University is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible
minorities and disabled persons.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Chair Ellen Jacobs
	Chair, Department of Education,