14.2471, Jobs: Cognitive Ling: Researcher/Post Doc, California

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 18 00:56:58 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2471. Wed Sep 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2471, Jobs: Cognitive Ling: Researcher/Post Doc, California

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:45:27 +0000
From:  flblock at ucdavis.edu
Subject:  Cognitive Linguistics: Researcher, The Rockridge Institute, CA, USA

Date:  Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:45:27 +0000
From:  flblock at ucdavis.edu

University or Organization: The Rockridge Institute
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Linguistics

The Rockridge Institute, a new progressive think tank, has an opening
for a recent Ph.D. in cognitive linguistics to work on our strategic
framing project to analyze a range of public policy issues and develop
a unified progressive language. Tasks include academic research,
proposal writing, and consulting with advocacy groups and policy
makers. Background and experience in frame semantics and metaphor
analysis are required.. Study of major policy issues is a
plus. Applications should consist of a c.v., a cover letter, and the
names of three references. Applications should be submitted
electronically to info at rockridgeinstitute.org and must be received by
Friday, September 26th. Rockridge , a project of the Tides Center, is
an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek
applications from women, and people of color, including bilingual and
bicultural individuals, as well as members of the Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, and Transgender communities.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Fred Block
	Please submit applications electronically to:
	info at rockridgeinstitute.org
	Oakland, CA 94611
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 26-Sep-2003

Contact Information:
	The Rockridge Institute
	Email: info at rockridgeinstitute.org
	Website: http://www.rockridgeinstitute.org/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!