14.2521, Jobs: History of Linguistics: Post Doc, U/Sheffield

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 23 19:39:51 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2521. Tue Sep 23 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2521, Jobs: History of Linguistics: Post Doc, U/Sheffield

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:07:26 +0000
From:  n.bermel at sheffield.ac.uk
Subject:  Russian & History of Linguistics: Post Doc, University of Sheffield

Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:07:26 +0000
From:  n.bermel at sheffield.ac.uk

University or Organization: University of Sheffield
Department: Russian and Slavonic Studies / Bakhtin Centre
Rank of Job: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: History of Linguistics, Sociolinguistics
Required Language(s): Russian (Code = RUS)

University of Sheffield, U.K.
Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies

Research Assistant
Ref No R3108

Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant for the
AHRB funded project 'The rise of sociological linguistics in the
Soviet Union, 1917-1938: Institutions, Ideas and Agendas'.

Project web page:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/academic/A-C/bakh/sociolinguistics.html

The post holder will carry out research into the development of the
sociology of language in the Former Soviet Union in the period
1917-1938. Applicants should have a doctorate in an appropriate area
(or equivalent research experience) and an excellent command of the
Russian language. This post is funded by the AHRB for four years, and
is tenable from 1 January 2004 or as soon as possible thereafter.

Further particulars and application details are available at:

www.shef.ac.uk/jobs/job_details.php?file=job_list&ID=1647&start=16

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Department of Human Resources
	University of Sheffield