14.2527, Jobs: Linguistics/Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, MIT

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 23 21:35:23 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2527. Tue Sep 23 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2527, Jobs: Linguistics/Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, MIT

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:31:51 +0000
From:  fox at mit.edu
Subject:  Linguistics and Cognitive Science: Asst Prof, MIT

Date:  Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:31:51 +0000
From:  fox at mit.edu

University or Organization: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department: Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Language Acquisition,
		 Neurolinguistics, Phonetics, Psycholinguistics,
		 Language Processing, Language Impairment

The Department of Linguistics & Philosophy at MIT invites applications
for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, starting
September 1, 2004. The appointment will be made in an
interdisciplinary area integrating linguistic theory with one of the
following research specializations: computational linguistics,
language acquisition, language impairment, language processing,
neurolinguistics, phonetic science.

We seek applicants whose research is informed by linguistic theory and
who will enhance the breadth and depth of the department in its
research, teaching, and advising mission at the graduate and
undergraduate levels.

Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae,
copies of research papers, evidence of teaching ability, and three
letters of reference to:

Chair, Linguistics Search Committee
Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
MIT/E39-245
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139

Application Deadline: December 1, 2003

Departmental representatives will be present at the LSA meeting in
Boston to conduct preliminary interviews.

Women and members of under-represented minorities are especially
encouraged to apply.

MIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Chair, Linguistics Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
	MIT/E39-245, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
	Cambridge, MA 02139
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 01-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Professor Danny Fox
	Email: fox at mit.edu
	Tel: 1-617-253-4142
	Website: http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/home.html

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!