14.2580, Jobs: SE Asian Languages: Asst Prof, Cornell U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Sep 27 07:48:25 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2580. Sat Sep 27 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2580, Jobs: SE Asian Languages: Asst Prof, Cornell U

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:41:37 +0000
From:  sjh1 at cornell.edu
Subject:  Historical Study of SE Asian Languages: Asst Prof, Cornell University

Date:  Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:41:37 +0000
From:  sjh1 at cornell.edu

University or Organization: Cornell University
Department: Asian Studies
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics, Southeast Asian languages
Required Language(s):Austro-Asiatic; Austronesian; Sino-Tibetan

Cornell University, Department of Asian Studies, invites applications
for a tenure-track position in Southeast Asian literature, cultural
studies, the historical study of languages, or intellectual/cultural
history, beginning August 2004.  Applicants should be competent in at
least one modern Southeast Asian language and be able to help provide
an intellectual and historical context for Southeast Asian language
instruction in the department.  Preference will be given to applicants
with competence and research interests that enhance current
departmental strengths.  Ph.D. required at time of appointment.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2003.  Send letter of
application, curriculum vita, three letters of reference, and one
article or chapter to:

K. W. Taylor, Chair, SEA Search
Department of Asian Studies
Rockefeller Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-2502
e-mail: asian at cornell.edu

Cornell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Keith Taylor
	Chair, SEA Search, Dept. of Asian Studies
	Rockefeller Hall, Cornell University
	Ithaca, NY 14853-2502
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Professor Keith Taylor
	Email: asian at cornell.edu
	Tel: 607-255-5095
	Website: http://lrc.cornell.edu/asian

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!