14.2586, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, UMass/Amherst

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Sep 27 08:29:02 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2586. Sat Sep 27 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2586, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, UMass/Amherst

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:20:42 +0000
From:  lballard at linguist.umass.edu
Subject:  Syntax: Asst Prof, University of Massachusetts/Amherst

Date:  Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:20:42 +0000
From:  lballard at linguist.umass.edu

University or Organization: University of Massachusetts/Amherst
Department: Department of Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Linguistics Department of the University of Massachusetts at
Amherst invites applications for a tenure-track position in syntax at
the assistant professor level, starting September 1, 2004. Salary
commensurate with qualifications and experience.

The ideal candidate would be someone who is strong in syntactic
theory, with an emphasis on a particular language or theoretical area
and broad understanding of the interface between syntax and other
linguistic and cognitive capacities.  We seek applicants whose
research interests complement those of the current faculty and who can
contribute breadth and depth to the department with respect to
research, teaching, and advising at the graduate and undergraduate
levels.

Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae,
copies of research papers, and evidence of teaching
ability. Applicants should arrange for three referees to send letters
of reference to

Syntax Search Committee
Department of Linguistics
226 South College, 150 Hicks Way
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003-7130

Please do not send application materials by e-mail.

Completed applications and all letters of reference must be received
by December 1, 2003.

Further information about the program and the research interests of
the faculty are available at the department web site at
http://www.umass.edu/linguist/.  UMass/Amherst is a member of the Five
College Consortium, along with Amherst, Smith, Hampshire, and Mount
Holyoke Colleges.

Questions may be addressed to the following e-mail address:
lballard at linguist.umass.edu

Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply. The
University of Massachusetts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Syntax Search Committee
	Dept. of Linguistics, 226 South College
	150 Hicks Way
	Amherst, MA 01003-7130
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 01-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Lynne Ballard
	Email: lballard at linguist.umass.edu
	Tel: 413-545-0889
	Website: http://www.umass.edu/linguist/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!