14.2592, Jobs: Modern Langs: Content Editor, Oxford University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 29 03:47:14 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2592. Sun Sep 28 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2592, Jobs: Modern Langs: Content Editor, Oxford University

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sun, 28 Sep 2003 02:15:49 +0000
From:  martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk
Subject:  Modern Langs: Content Editor, Oxford University Computing Services

Date:  Sun, 28 Sep 2003 02:15:49 +0000
From:  martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk

University or Organization: Oxford University Computing Services
Department: The Humbul Humanities Hub
Rank of Job: Content Editor
Specialty Areas: Modern Languages

Content Editor (Modern Languages)
Salary: GBP 18,265- 27,339

The Humbul Humanities Hub (http://www.humbul.ac.uk/), based within the
Research Technologies Service (RTS) at Oxford University Computing
Services provides an online service for the humanities as part of the
national Resource Discovery Network (http://www.rdn.ac.uk/).

We are looking for a Content Editor to enhance our support for the
modern languages community within higher and further education.

You will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and describing
Web-based resources relevant for the study of modern language and
linguistics subjects. You will also be negotiating similar content
from external collaborators and liaising with publishers to enable
access to online resources as part of a planned humanities portal.

If you have a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject, a working
knowledge of two or more European languages, and familiarity with
using the Web for research or teaching then please get in touch with
us.  Experience of descriptive cataloguing would be useful and you
will have excellent written and spoken communication skills.

You should have a genuine enthusiasm for promoting the use of online
resources, be willing to learn about new ways of accessing them, and
want to join a friendly multidisciplinary team. The ability to manage
deadlines and to communicate well is essential.

Please obtain further details and an application form from the
Personnel Office, Oxford University Computing Services, 13 Banbury
Road, Oxford OX2 6NN (tel: 01865 283289, email:
recruitment at oucs.ox.ac.uk). Further details and the application form
are also available via http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/internal/vacancies/
You are strongly encouraged to submit a completed application form and
covering letter which details how your qualifications and experience
fulfils the specified criteria in the further particulars.

Completed applications must be received by 12 noon on 10th October
2003.  Interviews will be held after 20th October 2003.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Personnel Office
	Oxford University Computing Services
	13 Banbury Road