15.1149, All: Spolight: Prashant Nagaraja

LINGUIST List linguist at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Thu Apr 8 03:07:51 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1149. Wed Apr 7 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1149, All: Spolight: Prashant Nagaraja

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date:  8 Apr 2004 01:08:02 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Spolight: Prashant Nagaraja

2)
Date:  16 Mar 2004 08:56:08 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  How to Donate...

3)
Date:  16 Mar 2004 08:56:08 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Contributors So Far....

Date:  8 Apr 2004 01:08:02 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Subscribers,

Since 1993, when the LINGUIST assistantships were inaugurated,
LINGUIST subscribers have financed the educations of 45 outstanding
graduate students, including this year's crew. Those of you who have
contributed to LINGUIST over the past 10 years can feel proud that you
have helped these students pursue their educational and career goals.
Please help us support the outstanding students who are now providing
you with the services that you have come to expect from LINGUIST. If
you have not yet donated to the Linguist Fund Drive, please do so
now--all of your donations go directly to student support.

Today your donations have funded another one of our crew members--
Programmer Prashant Nagaraja. As each on of our crew members is
funded, we will post their personal letter so that you can see where
your donations go! Below is Prashant's letter.

To see our group photo, please go to:
http://www.linguistlist.org/crew2004.html

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

It has been two years now at Linguist and still it does not seem so. I
joined this crew in the August of 2002 and I am still going. I realize
how fortunate I am to be among the best people at Linguist and work
towards a common goal of serving the linguistic community around the
world. I graduate this year but have no thoughts of leaving Linguist
behind, and hence I will be working for the Linguist team again for
the next year for my internship. I think that anybody who works at
Linguist List would do the same too.

Everybody at Linguist works on different issues of the website, and I,
along with some other members, am involved in the back-end issues of
programming. It is great to work here in a diverse environment which
consists of people from different countries speaking different
languages. We always have newer team members joining in on the
festivities, who add more to the atmosphere. Now I feel so proud to be
a part of LINGUIST List, which caters to the Linguistic needs of
scholars and students all over the world. Moreover I am proud to be a
part of the team, whose work reaches and helps a huge population of
academics. The crew at LINGUIST List is absolutely fantastic, they
just keep each other going.

We, at Linguist, are subjected to different levels of experimental
work, which everybody accepts gracefully and does get it done. It is a
challenge when someone from the crew is chosen to do a part of the
work which he/her has never done before. But they just do it, either
on their own or with some learning. On the whole, working at Linguist
List has been and will be a challenge for me and all my fellow
members. We owe this given opportunity to you people, the people who
keep Linguist going. We would not be here without your support, for
which I request you keep it coming. We cannot thank you enough,
whatever and however we say it, for your continued support for all
this great work. Kindly keep your supports going so that LINGUIST List
can keep growing forever. Thank you again!

Thank you,
Prashant Nagaraja

To read more about Prashant, go to:
http://www.linguistlist.org/people/prashant.html

We have already raised over $23,000! Please help us reach our target
of $60,000. Even a small donation really does make a difference!

As a 501(c)3 organization, LINGUIST qualifies for corporate
donation-matching programs; and, of course, your donation is tax
deductible.

To donate now using our secure web form, visit:
http://www.linguistlist.org/donate.html

For instructions on how to donate, or how to make a pledge now and pay
later, visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation.html

Thank you very much for your support!