15.2190, Qs: Phonostatistical Characteristics;Named Entities

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 2 17:09:07 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2190. Mon Aug 2 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2190, Qs: Phonostatistical Characteristics;Named Entities

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:03:38 +0600
From:  "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb at mail.cis.ru>
Subject:  World languages and documentation

2)
Date:  Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:57:06 +0900
From:  "Phan Xuan Hieu" <hieuxuan at jaist.ac.jp>
Subject:  Named entity recognition tools?

Date:  Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:03:38 +0600
From:  "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb at mail.cis.ru>

Dear LinguistList colleagues,

I have computed 163 world languages and their sound pictures. I would
like to gather more data on the common features of the sound chains in
language, as an entity.  In particular, the phonostatistical
characteristics of American Indian or Australian languages.

Could someone please advise me whether it is necessary for me to go to
the USA or Australia to collect linguistic material for my research?
If so, where can it be found?  Also, do the respective governments
provide grants for the documentation of endangered languages?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Yuri Tambovtsev
yutamb at hotmail.com