15.2255, Qs: Print/screen reading; Eng subject-verb concord

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Aug 8 21:21:02 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2255. Sun Aug 8 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2255, Qs: Print/screen reading; Eng subject-verb concord

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 03:57:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Billy Clark <b.clark at mdx.ac.uk>
Subject:  print and screen reading

2)
Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:58:57 +0900
From:  Hideo HIBINO <hhibino at mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
Subject:  re: 'who' and 'what' in subject-verb concord

Date:  Sat, 7 Aug 2004 03:57:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Billy Clark <b.clark at mdx.ac.uk>

On behalf of a student, could I ask whether anyone can point to
literature and/or experimental data on differences, including
comprehension differences, between reading from a screen and from
printed material. The most recent material she has found (online) is:

Kellog, Guy. 1999. Students' reactions to reading electronic
v. printed documents. roceedings from the Fourth International
Conference on Language and Development.
http://www.languages.ait.ac.th/hanoi_proceedings/kellogg.htm

She is hoping to find more recent material.

Could you please respond direct to me and the student at these email
addresses:

b.clark at mdx.ac.uk
hannastoever at dial.pipex.com

We will post a summary of responses to the list.

Thanks and best wishes,

Billy