15.3431, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Assistant, Queen's U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 8 06:30:28 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3431. Wed Dec 08 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3431, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Assistant, Queen's U

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 07-Dec-2004
From: Joan Rahilly < j.rahilly at qub.ac.uk >
Subject: General Linguistics: Teaching Assistant, Queen's University, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:27:14
From: Joan Rahilly < j.rahilly at qub.ac.uk >

University or Organization: Queen's University, Belfast
Department: School of English
Job Rank: Teaching Assistant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The School of English wishes to draw up a panel of Teaching Assistants in
English Language and Linguistics for deployment as and when required, on a
pro-rata basis.

Applicants must have, or be about to obtain, a postgraduate qualification in any
area of English Language and Linguistics, or a postgraduate qualification which
includes a significant component in English Language and Linguistics. In
addition, applicants must have experience of teaching, preferably at
undergraduate level.

Teaching duties would amount to 2-6 contact hours per week during semester and
will commence after 1 January 2005. Some assessment duties may also be required.

Address for Applications:

        Dr Joan Rahilly
        School of English
        Queen's University
        Belfast, Co. Antrim BT7 1NN
        United Kingdom

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

        Dr Joan Rahilly
        Email: j.rahilly at qub.ac.uk
        Phone: +44 2890 273304
        Fax: +44 2890 314615
        Website: http://www.qub.ac.uk/en

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.