15.3454, Jobs: Italian Sign Language: Researcher, Italy

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 10 03:10:24 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3454. Thu Dec 09 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3454, Jobs: Italian Sign Language: Researcher, Italy

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 09-Dec-2004
From: Isabella Stanizzi < istanizzi at eurac.edu >
Subject: Lingua Italiana Dei Segni;Italiano;English & Sing Language Linguistics: Researcher, European Academy of Bolzano, Italy

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:04:48
From: Isabella Stanizzi < istanizzi at eurac.edu >

University or Organization: European Academy of Bolzano
Department: Inst. for Spec. Communication and Multilingualism
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Sign Language; Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (ENG)
                                     Italian Sign Language (ISE)
                                     Italian (ITN)

The European Academy of Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC) is recruiting for one junior
researcher for a challenging new research program in sign language linguistics.

We are seeking a linguist who will work at the development of a bilingual
multimedia Italian Sign Language (LIS) - Italian dictionary, together with a
team of linguists and ICT experts.

The duties will include the following:
- to assess and evaluate already available literature and resources in the field
   of sign language linguistics;
- to develop lexicographic entries for the Italian-LIS part of the dictionary;
- to support the development of an abstract representation model for LIS and of a
   corresponding presentation framework together with the team of ICT experts.

The desirable requirements for the position are:
- a university degree in Linguistics
- excellent Italian skills
- good PC skills

Knowledge of Italian Sign Language (LIS) is strongly recommended.
Teamwork attitude and self-motivation towards a project of significant social
impact will be highly considered.

Conditions of employment: The post is fixed term for 2 years (1+1).

Address for Applications:

        Isabella Stanizzi
        Via Druso, 1
        Bolzano 39100
        Italy

Application Deadline: 21-Dec-2004

Contact Information:

        Isabella Stanizzi
        Email: istanizzi at eurac.edu
        Phone: 0471 055100
        Website: http://www.eurac.edu/Org/LanguageLaw/Multilingualism/index.htm

This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.