15.3521, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Rank Open, MA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 18 02:19:41 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3521. Fri Dec 17 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3521, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Rank Open, MA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date: 17-Dec-2004
From: Jordan Cohen < jrc at voicesignal.com >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Rank Open, Voice Signal, MA, USA

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:13:45
From: Jordan Cohen < jrc at voicesignal.com >

University or Organization: Voice Signal
Department: Languages
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Lexicography; Phonetics; Sociolinguistics;
                          Translation; Speech recognition
Required Language(s): Dutch (DUT)
                                     Indonesian (INZ)
                                     Japanese (JPN)
                                     Malay (MLI)
                                     Thai (THJ)
                                     Vietnamese (VIE)

Voice Signal Technologies, Ind., headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, is
looking for native speakers, preferably with a linguistic background, to assist
our team in understanding, analyzing, and resolving language specific concerns
with respect to the creation and implementation of Multimodal interfaces for the
mobile communications industry in the following languages:

Japanese
Bahasa Malay and/or Indonesian

In addition, we are looking for native speaking informants in these language who
are local to Boston:

Dutch
Thai
Vietnamese

This is a short term assignment which will be 20 to 30 hours per week for
several months.  The schedule will be flexible, but most of the work will be
accomplished at our headquarters in Woburn, Massachusetts.

Please forward you resume to languages at voicesignal.com

Address for Applications

        languages at voicesignal.com

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2005

Contact Information:

        Jordan Cohen
        Email: jrc at voicesignal.com
        Website: http://www.voicesignal.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!