15.3562, Jobs: Comp Ling/Semantics: Researcher, CA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 22 03:21:37 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3562. Tue Dec 21 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3562, Jobs: Comp Ling/Semantics: Researcher, CA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been set

Date: 21-Dec-2004
From: Daniel Bobrow < bobrow at parc.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistic/Semantics: Researcher, Palo Alto Research Center, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:18:17
From: Daniel Bobrow < bobrow at parc.com >

University or Organization: Palo Alto Research Center
Department: Systems and Practices Laboratory
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics;
                          Text/Corpus Linguistics; Knowledge Representation
Required Language: English (ENG)

The Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is looking for an individual to join
on-going work on natural language understanding (NLU). The position requires a
PhD, expertise in computational linguistics, natural language semantics and
knowledge representation, and some programming skills. Previous experience with
large scale NLU systems or reasoning systems would be highly desirable. The
successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop and
implement scalable methods for mapping parsed linguistic input to various
knowledge representations, and doing some reasoning with these representations.

Address for Applications:

        Daniel Bobrow
        Palo Alto Research Center
        3333 Coyote Hill Road
        Palo Alto, CA 94304
        United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

        Daniel Bobrow
        Email: bobrow at parc.com
        Website: http://www.parc.xerox.com/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!