15.3587, Qs: Introductory Ling Resources; English Short 'a'

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 24 00:35:42 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List: Vol-15-3587. Thu Dec 23 2004. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 15.3587, Qs: Introductory Ling Resources; English Short 'a'

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Collberg, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Dec-2004
From: Rika Ito < ito at stolaf.edu >
Subject: Introductory Linguistics Resources

2)
Date: 22-Dec-2004
From: Tom Kun < tomkun83 at hotmail.com >
Subject: English Short 'a'

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:34:43
From: Rika Ito < ito at stolaf.edu >

I am planning to propose an introductory linguistics course which compares
Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai and English. My audience will be
undergraduate students who have no linguistic background, although some may
have some background in one of the languages. Does anyone know good
resources (books & articles) to use? The information gathered will be
summarized and submitted, along with acknowledgement of those who
contributed, to LINGUIST in the form of a Summary.

I really appreciate your input!

Rika Ito, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Japanese & sociolinguistics
Dept. of Asian Studies
St. Olaf College
1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN  55057

Linguistic Field(s): Language Description