15.497, Qs: Teaching Phonetics; Iraqi Poetry

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 6 19:33:12 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-497. Fri Feb 6 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.497, Qs: Teaching Phonetics; Iraqi Poetry

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Steve Moran <steve at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:12:23 EST
From:  AJDeFaz at aol.com
Subject:  teaching phonetics within the general linguistics class

2)
Date:  Fri, 6 Feb 2004 02:59:02 -0500 (EST)
From:  Kadhim Al-Ali <kadhimalali at hotmail.com>
Subject:  References & Training

Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:12:23 EST
From:  AJDeFaz at aol.com

Any information on teaching phonetic transcription in a graduate
introductory linguistics class would be appreciated. Specifically, how
much leeway should there be in the transcriptions students do?  I will
post a summary if the discussion warrants.