15.76, Jobs: Socioling: Asst Prof, North Dakota State U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 14 20:09:43 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-76. Wed Jan 14 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.76, Jobs: Socioling: Asst Prof, North Dakota State U

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:55:46 -0500 (EST)
From:  donald.salting at ndsu.nodak.edu
Subject:  Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, North Dakota State University

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:55:46 -0500 (EST)
From:  donald.salting at ndsu.nodak.edu

University or Organization: North Dakota State University
Department: English
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics

PENDING FUNDING: The English Department at North Dakota State
University announces a search for one or more tenure-track positions
in English Studies, Ph.D. required. We invite applications for
dedicated teachers with active research agendas to enrich a department
with strengths in Composition and Rhetoric, and American and British
literature. Possible areas of interest might include, but are not
limited to: North American literatures/studies (with preferred
emphasis in Native American, multicultural, colonial); linguistics
(applied, sociolinguistics); creative writing (new media, poetry,
fiction, non-fiction). For further information about our department,
please visit our website. Minimal qualifications include
university-level teaching experience and ability, experience with
instructional technology, demonstrable potential for academic
scholarship, and effective interpersonal communication skills. The
position carries a nine-credit-hour teaching load, service and
advising responsibilities, and graduate and undergraduate teaching,
including first-year composition.

Please send letter, CV, one-page teaching philosophy and one-page
research agenda to Tom Matchie, Search Committee Chair, Department of
English, P.O. Box 5075, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
58105-5075. Consideration of applications will begin on 27 February
2004 and continue until filled.

An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution, NDSU encourages
women, persons of color and persons with disabilities to apply.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Thomas Matchie
	English Department
	Minard 320
	Fargo, ND 58105-5075
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled

Contact Information:
	Dr. Donald Salting
	Email: donald.salting at ndsu.nodak.edu
	Tel: 701-231-6506
	Fax: 701-231-1047
	Website: http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/english

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!