15.124, Qs: English Slang; Spanish Forensic Phonetics

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 16 21:08:56 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-124. Fri Jan 16 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.124, Qs: English Slang; Spanish Forensic Phonetics

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:53:11 -0500
From:  "Danny McLean" <dmclean at bcraiders.com>
Subject:  level of usage

2)
Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:21:36 EST
From:  Annsesterhenn at aol.com
Subject:  forensic phonetics (spanish) search for bibliography

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:53:11 -0500
From:  "Danny McLean" <dmclean at bcraiders.com>

Some grammar books include slang and colloquialisms as examples of the
informal category of standard English, while others put them in the
nonstandard category. What is the current thinking about the
classification of slang and colloquialisms?