15.204, Disc: Re: Blind Peer Review

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 20 20:52:58 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-204. Tue Jan 20 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.204, Disc: Re: Blind Peer Review

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:34:30 +0900
From:  Joseph Tomei <jtomei at kumagaku.ac.jp>
Subject:  Blind Peer Review

2)
Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:06:56 +0200
From:  Kleanthes Grohmann <kleanthes at punksinscience.org>
Subject:  Disc: New: Blind Peer Review

Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:34:30 +0900
From:  Joseph Tomei <jtomei at kumagaku.ac.jp>

While not directly related to the discussion about blind peer review,
list members may be interested in reading this article on the economics
of journal pricing which discusses the growing sector of electronic
publications.

http://octavia.zoology.washington.edu/publishing/BergstromAndBergstrom04.pdf

I would also point to Geoff Pullum's article "Stalking the Perfect
Journal" which suggests the publication of the referees who accepted
the article. While this doesn't address Ron Sheen's point of the
problem with the rejection of manuscripts, it does provide a number of
advantages that Pullum lists. The article is included in _The Great
Eskimo Vocabulary Hoax_ (1991, Chicago)

joe tomei
Kumamoto Gakuen Daigaku
Department of Foreign Languages
Oe 2 chome, 5-1,  Kumamoto 862-8680 JAPAN
(81) (0)96-364-5161 x1410
fax (81) (0)96-372-0702