15.268, Jobs: Experimental Ling: Research Associate, Oxford

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jan 25 07:03:05 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-268. Sun Jan 25 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.268, Jobs: Experimental Ling: Research Associate, Oxford

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:30:42 -0500 (EST)
From:  greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk
Subject:  Experimental Ling: Research Associate, University of Oxford, UK

Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:30:42 -0500 (EST)
From:  greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk

University or Organization: University of Oxford
Department: Phonetics Laboratory
Rank of Job: Research Associate
Specialty Areas: Phonetics, Psycholinguistics, Linguistics and Physiology
Required Language(s): English (Code = ENG)

Research Associate (RS1A: salary range £18,265-27,339 p.a.)

A Research Associate is required to work on two interdisciplinary
experiments studying human language. We seek applicants with practical
experience involving human subjects and prefer a higher degree in
experimental psychology, physiology, or an experimental subfield of
linguistics.  Mathematics, data management and software skills will be
advantageous.

One experiment is a study of mimicry, involving audio prompts and
audio recording; the other involves magnetic resonance imaging of
speech production.

The principal duties of the postholder will be:

i) Recruiting and managing subjects, ii) conducting the mimicry
experiment and assisting with the MRI experiment, iii) data
collection, documentation and management, and iv) assisting with the
data analysis.  There will also be opportunities to contribute to
scientific publications.

The appointment will be for 1 year, from 1 May 2004.

Informal enquiries may be addressed to either Greg Kochanski
(greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk) or John Coleman
(john.coleman at phon.ox.ac.uk). Further particulars concerning this
opening, and information about how to apply, may be found on our
website, at http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/MRImimicFPs.htm .

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Mrs. Celia Glyn
	University of Oxford Phonetics Laboratory
	41 Wellington Square
	Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 2JF
	United Kingdom

	Applications are due by 23-Feb-2004

Contact Information:
	Dr. Greg Kochanski
	Email: greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk
	Tel: +44 1865 270446
	Fax: +44 1865 270445
	Website: http://www.phon.ox.ac.uk/Advert.htm

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!