15.281, Qs: L1 Acquisition/Metaphor; Quotation Morphosyntax

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 26 02:03:50 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-281. Sun Jan 25 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.281, Qs: L1 Acquisition/Metaphor; Quotation Morphosyntax

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:43:06 +0100
From:  "Ana" <anasalmis at hotmail.com>
Subject:  METAPHORS AND METONYMIES IN FIRST LANGUAGE ACQUISITION

2)
Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:29:55 -0500 (EST)
From:  Philippe De Brabanter <phdebrab at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:  Quotation/Mention: Morphology and Syntax

Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:43:06 +0100
From:  "Ana" <anasalmis at hotmail.com>

Dear linguist.

I am searching information for my thesis on children first language
acquisition and I would like to know whether there are any studies or
publications on the early acquisition of metaphors and metonymies in
children that are starting to talk (metaphors and metomymies not as
literary resources but from a cognitive point of view). I am also
interested in the acquisition of spatial categories.

I hope you can help me.  Thank you very much indeed.  ANA.