15.303, Qs: Syllable Codas; Mandarin Stops/Aspiration

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 27 21:15:21 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-303. Tue Jan 27 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.303, Qs: Syllable Codas; Mandarin Stops/Aspiration

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:27:38 -0500 (EST)
From:  Laurie Woods <lgw202 at nyu.edu>
Subject:  Phonology

2)
Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:00:03 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Carol L. Tenny" <tenny at linguist.org>
Subject:  Question: stops in Mandarin

Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:27:38 -0500 (EST)
From:  Laurie Woods <lgw202 at nyu.edu>

I am compiling a list of phonological conditions on syllable codas in
the languages of the world, such as the condition in the Australian
language Lardil (and also in Finnish) that only coronal consonants can
appear in syllable codas.  I would appreciate help in this endeavor.
Please send me information about languages that have particular
restrictions on syllable codas.  Many thanks, Laurie Woods