15.358, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, General Dynamics

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 30 05:40:34 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-358. Fri Jan 30 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.358, Jobs: Comp Ling: Programmer, General Dynamics

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:35:50 -0500 (EST)
From:  lissa.carroll at gd-ais.com
Subject:  Computational Linguistics: Programmer, General Dynamics

Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:35:50 -0500 (EST)
From:  lissa.carroll at gd-ais.com

University or Organization: General Dynamics
Department: Buffalo Knowledge Management
Rank of Job: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, software development
Required Language(s): English (Code = ENG)

Computational Linguist

General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, a full spectrum
information solutions provider, involved in engineering systems for
the Federal and Commercial markets has several opportunities for IT
professionals. The Buffalo Knowledge Management (BKM) group is seeking
individuals with the capability to help develop, test, and deploy text
exploitation systems. We are currently seeking creative individuals to
assist in software development and customization in the areas of
computational linguistics, natural language processing, information
extraction, and data mining. The ideal candidates would possess a BS
in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or Linguistics;
working knowledge of C/C++ and computational linguistics; and
experience with applications that require natural language processing
capabilities. Applicants must have very good knowledge of English.

We encourage you to join a diverse team of engineering and software
professionals involved in high-tech defense contracting. Qualified
respondents may apply online at:www.gd-ais.com and search for AutoReq
# 3125BR.

US citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a
government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. We are an
Affirmative Action Employer who values cultural diversity in the
workplace. EOE/M/F/D/V.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Lissa Carroll
	4455 Genesee St
	Apply on line to Req 3125BF at www.gd-ais.com/careers
	Buffalo, NY 14225
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 15-Mar-2004

Contact Information:
	HR Manager Lissa Carroll
	Email: lissa.carroll at gd-ais.com
	Tel: 716-632-7500
	Fax: 716-631-6944
	Website: http://www.gd-ais.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!