15.394, FYI: Research Opportunity; Linguist's Search Engine

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 31 04:39:00 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-394. Fri Jan 30 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.394, FYI: Research Opportunity; Linguist's Search Engine

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:24:29 -0500 (EST)
From:  Gisle Andersen <gisle.andersen at aksis.uib.no>
Subject:  Research Opportunity in Computational Linguistics

2)
Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:15:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  Philip Resnik <resnik at umd.edu>
Subject:  Linguist's Search Engine

Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:24:29 -0500 (EST)
From:  Gisle Andersen <gisle.andersen at aksis.uib.no>

The Bergen Advanced Training Site in Multilingual Tools (BATMULT) at
the University of Bergen, Norway offers interdisciplinary training in
multilingual resources and tools. The training site provides training
through courses, project work, and individual supervision, and is open
to:
- fellows doing a PhD in computational linguistics, especially with
reference to multilinguality and Scandinavian languages;
- fellows in computer science who work on language applications and
who wish to extend and deepen their linguistic knowledge;
- fellows with linguistics, human sciences or social sciences
background who wish to study the role of management of multilinguality
and text encoding.

BATMULT is established through support from the European Union's 5th
Framework Programme for Research, "Improving Human Research Potential
and the Socio-economic Knowledge Base", Marie Curie Host Fellowship
scheme.

Doctoral students from EU member states are welcome to apply for
vacant positions in 2004. Fellows will receive 1200 Euro per month in
subsistence allowance, and will be refunded a two-way travel,
restricted to economy class air and rail fare. For more information
about eligibility and how to apply, check
http://helmer.aksis.uib.no/batmult/, or send a message to
batmult at uib.no.