15.1967, Jobs: Arabic: Lecturer, University of Iowa

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 1 01:02:00 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1967. Wed Jun 30 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1967, Jobs: Arabic: Lecturer, University of Iowa

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:25:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:  william-davies at uiowa.edu
Subject:  Arabic Language Lecturer: Lecturer, University of Iowa, IA, USA

Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:25:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:  william-davies at uiowa.edu

University or Organization: University of Iowa
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Arabic Language Lecturer

Lecturer/Visiting Assistant Professor in Arabic Language,
non-tenure-track

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Iowa seeks a
part-time Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor in Arabic Language,
non-tenure-track, for the academic year 2004-05. The position will
begin with a one-year contract, renewable upon positive review for
2005-06. Responsibilities include teaching four sections of Arabic
language per year or the equivalent for a 2/3-time appointment.
Additional teaching responsibilities for a higher-percentage
appointment may be negotiated, based on applicant's interests and
areas of specialization.

The successful candidate should hold an M.A. in a related field,
preferably in Arabic, linguistics or applied linguistics; an ABD or
Ph.D. is preferred. The candidate should have native or near-native
fluency in Modern Standard Arabic and English. We seek a
professionally-qualified candidate with a commitment to teaching
Arabic for academic purposes. Previous foreign/second language
teaching experience, training in SLA theories and methods, and
experience with U.S. educational institutions preferred.

Send letter of application and curriculum vitae to Catherine Ringen,
Chair, Department of Linguistics, 570 English-Philosophy Building,
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242. Electronic submissions may be
directed to janet-delwiche at uiowa.edu. Screening begins immediately and
continues until the position is filled. The University of Iowa is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities
are encouraged to apply.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Catherine Ringen
	Department of Linguistics
	University of Iowa
	Iowa City, IA 52242-1408
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Professor William Davies
	Email: william-davies at uiowa.edu
	Tel: 319-335-0209
	Fax: 319-335-3971
	Website: http://www.uiowa.edu/~linguist

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!