15.2106, FYI: Master of European Ling at Freiburg, Germany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 21 02:48:54 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2106. Tue Jul 20 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2106, FYI: Master of European Ling at Freiburg, Germany

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Bernd Kortmann <european.linguistics at anglistik.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject:  Master of European Linguistics at Freiburg, Germany

Date:  Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Bernd Kortmann <european.linguistics at anglistik.uni-freiburg.de>

We would like to announce the continuation of a joint project of the
Deutsches Seminar, Englisches Seminar, and Romanisches Seminar of the
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg in Germany.

In the current summer semester, we initiated a new, strongly
research-oriented Master's programme in European Linguistics. This
Master's programme is designed in accordance with the guidelines of
the Bologna Declaration of the European Union and open to all students
with a strong background in linguistics and a first academic degree
(usually a Bachelor), preferably in linguistics or foreign language
studies.

We will continue the Master's programme in the spring 2005 and
invite applications worldwide from all qualified candidates.

The following linguistic modules will be offered:

* The European Languages: Structures, Typology, Language Contact
* Standard and Non-Standard Varieties in Europe
* Schools/ Traditions of Linguistic Thought in Europe
* Minority Languages in Europe Multilingual and Multicultural
  Communication in Europe
* Linguistic History of Europe
* Planning and organization of linguistic research

As the registration deadline for this non-fee charging programme will
be November 15, 2004, we would like you to share this information with
any interested organizations, colleagues, and students at your
earliest convenience.

Details on the programme are available at
http://www.anglistik.uni-freiburg.de/mel

Please direct all questions and comments to:
european.linguistics at anglistik.uni-freiburg.de

Thank you very much for your interest and all your efforts on our
behalf.