15.2156, Jobs: Lang and Speech Technologies: Researcher, Spain

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 28 20:24:42 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2156. Wed Jul 28 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2156, Jobs: Lang and Speech Technologies: Researcher, Spain

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  cmv at astor.urv.es
Subject:  Language and Speech Technologies: Researcher, Spain

Date:  Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:  cmv at astor.urv.es

University or Organization: Rovira i Virgili University
Department: Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Language Acquisition

A few permanent research positions may be available starting in 2005
in the Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics at Rovira i Virgili
University (Tarragona, Spain).

The web site of the group is:

http://pizarro.fll.urv.es/continguts/linguistica/proyecto/grlmc.htm

The eligible topics for them represent the group's current or future
research directions, and are as follows:

- Formal language theory and its applications.
- Bioinformatics.
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology (in connection with biomolecular
  computing).
- Language and speech technologies.
- Language acquisition.
- Computational neuroscience.

As said, positions will be permanent, with a salary commensurate to
the salary of a Full Professor in Spain, and are intended for
candidates with at least 10 years of postdoctoral experience and a
very high record of publications. They will involve research and
eventual teaching only at the doctoral level. There is no upper age
limit.

Expressions of interest are welcome until August 16, 2004. The
application process will be done later.

Carlos Martin-Vide
cmv at astor.urv.es

Address for Applications: