15.2161, Jobs: Comp Ling: Dialog Design Scientist, LogicTree

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 28 21:30:30 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-2161. Wed Jul 28 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.2161, Jobs: Comp Ling: Dialog Design Scientist, LogicTree

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:  masoudl at Logictree.com
Subject:  Human Factors Engineering: Dialog Design Scientist, LogicTree

Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:  masoudl at Logictree.com

University or Organization: LogicTree
Rank of Job: Dialog Design Scientist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Discourse
		 Analysis, General Linguistics, Phonetics, Phonology,
		 Voice User Interface Designer
Required Language(s): English (Code = ENG)

Title: Dialog Design Engineer

Duties:  Design and test voice dialogs for telephony applications.
(a) Work with design engineers to develop interactive dialogs for
    easy-to use applications, including call flow and dialog design,
(b) evaluate usability of application,
(c) make recommendations to improve caller satisfaction and
    transaction completion.

Qualifications:

Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Computer
Science.

Minimum Field-of-Expertise:
(a) experience in User Interface Design, preference for candidates
    with call flow and dialog design experience,
(b) course work or interest in voice application design

Preferred Education: MS, PHD in Computer Science or Psychology with
emphasis in Cognitive Science and/or Human Factors Engineering.

Skills:

Machine/Equipment:
(a) Software: Visio, Word, Excel,
(b) Experience reducing user error and dialog tuning.
Other:
(a) Experience in usability testing and user research,
(b) Product planning/familiar with product lifecycle,
(c) Assessment/ evaluation,
(d) Communication -- written and oral skills,
(e) Organization,
(f) Planning,
and
(g) Problem identification and resolution

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Masoud Loghmani
	8400 Baltimore Ave. Suite 301
	College Park, MD 20740
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Masoud Loghmani
	Email: masoudl at logictree.com
	Tel: 301-220-3520
	Website: http://www.LogicTree.com

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!