15.1727, Qs: Italian/Hungarian Phonolgy; Encyclopedia

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 7 14:15:30 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1727. Mon Jun 7 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1727, Qs: Italian/Hungarian Phonolgy; Encyclopedia

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrea Berez <andrea at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:23:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Laurence White <laurence.white at bristol.ac.uk>
Subject:  Initial/final lengthening in Italian and Hungarian

2)
Date:  Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:29:33 -0400
From:  randy harris <raha at watarts.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject:  Generative Semantics Multimedia Materials

Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:23:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Laurence White <laurence.white at bristol.ac.uk>

I'm looking for references, unpublished data, etc. regarding the
lengthening of speech segments word-initially and word-finally in
Italian and Hungarian, having found little so far in the (English
language) literature. I'm interested both in production data
describing the magnitude and locus of each effect, and in perception
experiments on the use of lengthening as a cue to word boundaries.

References to perception experiments on these word segmentation cues
in other languages would also be of interest. I'll post a summary.

Thank you,

Laurence White

Department of Experimental Psychology, Bristol University
http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~pslsw/

Subject-Language: Hungarian;Italian; Code: ITN