15.1880, Jobs: TEFL: Lector, Kassel University, Germany

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 22 08:16:41 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1880. Tue Jun 22 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1880, Jobs: TEFL: Lector, Kassel University, Germany

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:  fzeller at uni-kassel.de
Subject:  English & TEFL: Lector of English, Kassel University, Germany

Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:  fzeller at uni-kassel.de

University or Organization: Kassel University
Department: Fachbereich 08 Anglistik/Romanistik
Rank of Job: Lector of English
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition
Required Language(s):English (Code = ENG)

Ref. No.  2678

The Fachbereich 08 Anglistik/Romanistik at Kassel University offers
the post of a

Lector for English

starting 15 October 2004.  The post is for an indefinite period and
remuneration is according to BAT IIa within the public service tariff.

Responsibilities:
- Teaching English at all levels with a teaching load of 16 hours per
  week
- Organization and evaluation of language tests and exams at all
  levels
- Cooperation in the improvement of our language teaching programs.

Qualifications:

- English as native language
- MA degree or equivalent diploma in a relevant field
- PhD preferred
- Proven experience in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign
  Language, preferably at university level
- very good knowledge of German
- TEFL diploma, degree in appplied linguistics, or similar
  qualifications.

Applications in German to be sent by July 3, 2004 (postmarked).

The University of Kassel strives for equal opportunity of employment
of men and women and for the adjustment of existing disproportions
concerning the employment of women in teaching and research positions.
Qualified women are thus encouraged to apply.  Handicapped candidates
will be given preference, all else being equal.

Applications with the usual documentation should be sent before the
deadline and referring to the number stated above to the President,
University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany and one copy to the
Dekanat Fachbereich 08, Kassel University, Georg-Forster-Strasse 3,
D-34109 Kassel, Germany.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: President of Kassel University
	Moenchebergstrasse
	Kassel, 34109
	Germany

	Applications are due by 03-Jul-2004

Contact Information:
	Kassel University Dekanat Fachbereich 08
	Email: dekanat8 at uni-kassel.de
	Tel: +49-561-804 3340
	Fax: +49-561-804 3341
	Website: http://www.philologien.de