15.740, Qs: Word Origin Proportions; Kannada Loanwords

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 1 13:07:20 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-740. Mon Mar 1 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.740, Qs: Word Origin Proportions; Kannada Loanwords

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:47:26 -0500 (EST)
From:  Lisa Hayes <peniaribrat at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Word proportions

2)
Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:03:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  Diane Abraham <dmabraha at ic.sunysb.edu>
Subject:  Kannada Loanword Phonology

Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:47:26 -0500 (EST)
From:  Lisa Hayes <peniaribrat at yahoo.com>

I am looking for published studies with estimates of the proportions
of Latinate, Germanic, and 'other' type words in English, Spanish, and
German. Additionally, I would like to find published studies with the
estimates of the proportions of cognates across the three
languages. Does anyone know if these studies exist and where I can
find them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Language-Family:  Germanic;Latin Subgroup; Code: IEF