15.861, Qs: MA TESL/TEFL Programs; Prenuclear Glides

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 12 19:51:39 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-861. Fri Mar 12 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.861, Qs: MA TESL/TEFL Programs; Prenuclear Glides

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:34:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Karen Stanley <karen.stanley at cpcc.edu>
Subject:  MA TESL/TEFL programs - what's the ideal?

2)
Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:26:30 -0500 (EST)
From:  George yang <ycsgeorge at hotmail.com>
Subject:  about prenuclear glides

Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:34:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Karen Stanley <karen.stanley at cpcc.edu>

A friend of mine (not in either ESL/EFL or linguistics) is
teaching at a US university.  The university is thinking
of adding an MA TESL/TEFL degree.  Regardless of whether you
think we need another MA program, I'm interested in providing
feedback to her on:

(a) what you think ought to always be included in an
MA TESL/TEFL program,
(b) if you got an MA in TESL/TEFL yourself, what you are
thankful was in *your* program, and what you wish *had*
been included (but wasn't), or what was included but
you think wasn't particularly useful
(c) if you know of any exemplary programs that you
would recommend
(d) any other useful advice you would give

Karen Stanley
karen.stanley at cpcc.edu
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA