15.953, Qs: Lang/Gender Articles; Early Ergativity Desc

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 21 16:20:03 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-953. Sun Mar 21 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.953, Qs: Lang/Gender Articles; Early Ergativity Desc

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Steve Moran <steve at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:09:37 -0800
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at calpoly.edu>
Subject:  language/gender query

2)
Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:56:29 -0500 (EST)
From:  Eduardo Ribeiro <erribeir at midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject:  Ergativity avant la lettre

Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:09:37 -0800
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at calpoly.edu>

I'm looking for articles for readings in a Language and Gender
class. I was wondering if anyone could send me leads to:

- Good online bibliographies or databases for this subject (I'm
familiar with the Expanded Academic Index but am wondering if there
are more-focused ones out there)

- Particular articles on:
	- empirical studies of supposed pronunciation clues to sexual orientation
	- recent empirical research on interpretations of pronouns
	- recent articles on language that is biased against men

I'd prefer relatively recent work (since 1998).

Any help would be appreciated!

Johanna Rubba   Associate Professor, Linguistics
English Department, California Polytechnic State University
One Grand Avenue  o San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Tel. (805)-756-2184  o  Fax: (805)-756-6374 Dept. Phone.  756-2596
E-mail: jrubba at calpoly.edu Home page: http://www.cla.calpoly.edu/~jrubba