15.963, Jobs: Lexicography: Consultant, Overture Services

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 22 17:17:25 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-963. Mon Mar 22 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.963, Jobs: Lexicography: Consultant, Overture Services

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Tomoko Okuno <tomoko at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:08:36 -0500 (EST)
From:  minna at overture.com
Subject:  English & Lexicography: Linguistic Consultant, Overture Services, UK

Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:08:36 -0500 (EST)
From:  minna at overture.com

University or Organization: Overture Services
Department: International Product Management
Rank of Job: Linguistic Consultant
Specialty Areas: Lexicography Required Language(s): English (Code: ENG)

Overture Services (www.overture.com) is looking for one lexicographer
to manually assign 50,000 keywords into a predefined set of 20
categories.

The ideal candidate will possess:
- an outstanding command of the English language.
- a university degree in English, linguistics or a foreign language.
- a thorough understanding of British popular culture (TV shows, pop
stars, cities, media topics etc). This project must be completed by
someone who lives in Britain, or someone who lives abroad but is for
one reason or another completely immersed in British culture.
- experience with similar projects in the past.

The pay rate will be determined according to your experience.

Please submit your CV to minna at overture.com.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Ms Minna King
	172 Drury Lane