15.976, Software: Request for Feedback

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 23 16:10:18 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-976. Tue Mar 23 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.976, Software: Request for Feedback

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Neil Salmond <neil at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:09:38 -0500 (EST)
From:  Andrew Kehoe <andrew at rdues.liv.ac.uk>
Subject:  Request for Feedback

Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:09:38 -0500 (EST)
From:  Andrew Kehoe <andrew at rdues.liv.ac.uk>

Dear Colleague

The Research and Development Unit for English Studies is made up of a
small team of corpus linguists, software engineers and
statisticians. Our aim is to carry out fundamental and applied
research in corpus linguistics, with a view to developing new
descriptions of the English language in use, and tools for the
extraction and management of knowledge in electronic databases.

For the past 3 years we have been working on a government-funded
project called SHARES (System of Hypermatrix Analysis, Retrieval,
Evaluation and Summarisation), the aim of which is to test the
hypothesis that similar patterns of lexical repetition are
sufficiently maintained across differently authored documents on