15.1049, Qs: Filled Pause Audio Files;Lang/Cultural Identity

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 30 19:29:02 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1049. Tue Mar 30 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1049, Qs: Filled Pause Audio Files;Lang/Cultural Identity

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:13:28 -0600
From:  erard at lucidwork.com
Subject:  sound files of filled pauses?

2)
Date:  Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:54:10 -0500 (EST)
From:  Jespy Pereira-Barker <jespypb at tiscali.co.uk>
Subject:  Cultural identity, language maintenance

Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:13:28 -0600
From:  erard at lucidwork.com

For a radio documentary on filled pauses in the world's languages, I
am looking for sound files of filled pauses and discourse markers in
as many languages as possible. These can be part of larger
recordings; I will simply clip out the sounds I need.

If you have such files, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Erard